Are you a Newton local? We bet you don’t know these facts. ¿Did you know…?
1. Newton is nicknamed “The Garden City” for its abundance of tree-lined streets and open spaces for recreation.
2. Newton’s record high temperature of 101°F was recorded in August of 1975.
3. The Fig Newton cookie is actually named after the city.
4. The Jackson Homestead, now the Newton History Museum at the Jackson Homestead, is best known for its history as a stop on the Underground Railroad.
5. Newton is the “sister city” to San Donato Val di Comune, Italy and San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.
Watch a demo of how it works!